A National Training for Trainers
Watch here for a new schedule for this event.
CAI Training Center, 505 8th Avenue, New York, NY 10018
- Effective training impacts knowledge, skills, and/or attitudes of the learner.
- Effective training utilizes of a variety of techniques, tools, and methodologies to best meet the needs of the learner.
- Effective training can be challenging to deliver and takes practice.
In recent years,many national programs have gone through a series of changes to meet the needs of the communities and families it serves. Intervention strategies such as VENA (value-enhanced nutrition assessment), facilitated group discussions, and peer counseling are being implemented to impact participant behaviors through not just knowledge alone, but also transforming skills and attitudes. These new approaches require staff to acquire a different skill set in how they deliver services. They also require additional skills from those training staff to implement these initiatives.
The CAI Training Institute (CTI) is a skills-oriented, intensive learning course that focuses on the development of skills to maximize the delivery of effective training and learning initiatives. As a result of participating in the CTI, attendees will be able to deliver, adapt, and modify training and education initiatives in alignment with the principles of participant-centered services.
Over the course of 3-days, attendees will have the opportunity to:
• Build knowledge of training planning and learning methodologies,
• Review concepts of adult learning,
• Assess individual presentation skills and facilitation skills,
• Receive peer support and feedback,
• Network with participants from multiple regions,
• Develop skills for the delivery of fun and innovative learning, and
• Experience inspiration, rejuvenation, and a renewed commitment to their work.
CAI is an accredited provider by the Commission for Dietetic Registration and will be offering 19 continuing education credits for this program