CAI (Cicatelli Associates Inc.) is seeking a highly motivated professional for the FULL-TIME or PART-TIME position of Online Instructional Designer.
The Online Instructional Designer will contribute to developing curricula, webinars and e-learning courses. This includes strategically thinking through course design, writing content in collaboration with content experts, writing curricula, and storyboarding for a variety of topics related to public health (e.g., HIV, family planning, maternal health). At CAI, developing curricula, webinars and e-learning courses is a collaborative, team effort and the Online Instructional Designer will be an integral part of the team. A key part of this role will be to take leadership on developing certain assigned on-line e-learning modules, as well as curricula and webinars. For those projects, the Online Instructional Designer will conduct research and work with content experts to become an expert on the topic her/himself in order to communicate key concepts effectively. The Online Instructional Designer should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and with taking initiative in developing programs and processes for module development.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the design of on-line/e-learning courses and modules using principles of instructional design and adult learning;
- Work with content experts to write and script content for curricula, webinars and e-learning modules based on the agreed upon design;
- Write curricula, participant manuals, worksheets, and other training related materials;
- Storyboard e-learning modules, including selecting interactive exercises and relevant graphics to enhance learning;
- Work with the Communications Department, content experts and other instructional design experts at CAI to incorporate feedback into curricula and storyboards;
- Applies instructional design methodology and knowledge of adult learning principles throughout development cycle;
- Maintains productive relationships with all project stakeholders and project team members.
OTHER TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Director of Curriculum Development to ensure that all projects are being supported by the Curriculum and Distance Learning departments in a strategic way that supports and fosters CAI’s growth and reputation;
- Uphold and demonstrate core CAI corporate values;
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
- Masters degree in education, instructional design, technology, or health related field and/or 4 years of experience in instructional design for on-line development, educational communication and technology, adult learning, instructional design, or similar program focusing on adult learning and technology
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Experience in the design and development of online trainings, in-person trainings or webinars
- Knowledge of adult and cognitive learning theories
- Interest in learning about different areas of public health
- Strong Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Project management and coordination
- Ability to write and develop content in short time frames
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Public Health Issues
- Experience working with Citrix (GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, GoToTraining), Articulate Storyline 2 and Moodle is preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. In order to apply to this job please click here.