CAI is seeking a highly motivated individual for a part-time internship position of Communications and Marketing Intern for its office in New York City. As part of CAI's Communications Department, this is an opportunity to gain practical experience in brand development for national and international projects, production of external communications materials, and planning marketing and public relations strategies while working with a committed team of diverse professionals to offer customized capacity building services that build the skills and systems of our clients and improve lives in the vulnerable communities we serve.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft and edit content for CAI's regional, national and international websites, newsroom, and social media platforms
- Assist in the implementation of the social media communications plan
- Organize and develop collateral materials such as best practice guides, brand standards, and projects promotional or outreach items
- Assist in the brand and strategy development for all CAI projects
- Research, analyze, and support the implementation of evidence-informed best practices in digital marketing, communications, and public relations for nonprofit organizations
- Support CAI's public relations efforts and marketing and communications plans with KPIs for key initiatives and multi-year project specific campaigns
- Utilize different marketing and design software (e.g. Joomla, Get Response, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Vocus) (training would be provided)
PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Social media experience (preferred)
- Basic HTML and web design knowledge (preferred)
- Image scanning and Illustrator, Photoshop, or similar program experience (preferred)
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously, follow directions, and also be entrepreneurial in finding solutions
- Self motivation and creativity
- Ability to work in teams and individually
- A fast pace working ability
- Spanish language skills (preferred)
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALS:
- Currently pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters level) in English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising, Public Relations or equivalent from an accredited institution
This internship entails between 15-20 hours per week, from September - December, depending on academic calendar and class schedule, with exact start and end dates determined upon program acceptance. The position is unpaid; however, CAI will help facilitate college credit working with the requirements of your academic institution.
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI will work with the requirements of any academic institution to provide college credit. Qualified and interested candidates should send a COVER LETTER, and RESUME via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , [subject: Communications and Marketing Intern]
Cicatelli Associates Inc. is a highly regarded, not-for-profit health care training, education and technical assistance organization, located in midtown Manhattan. CAI has extensive expertise in all aspects of developing, delivering, and
evaluating training programs, conferences, providing organizational technical assistance and research.
To learn more about Cicatelli Associates Inc., please visit our website at www.caiglobal.org
Cicatelli Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.