CAI is seeking a highly motivated individual for the part-time (unpaid) internship position of Graphic Design Intern for its office in New York City. As part of CAI's Communications Department, this is an opportunity to gain practical experience in designing work across a variety of media for regional, national, and international projects while working with a committed team of diverse professionals to offer customized capacity building services that build the skills and systems of our clients and improve lives in the vulnerable communities we serve.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with CAI's Senior Designer and Communications Director to design collateral materials for CAI's 30+ regional, national, and international projects
- Support CAI's visual identity through print and digital materials, including but not limited to advertisements, invitations, newsletters, brochures, annual reports, and publications consistent with brand guidelines and specifications
- Assist with the logistics and production of all print and digital materials
- Assist the organization, implementation, demonstration, and monitoring of accurate trademark and logo usage
- Work with clients to review comps, proofs and post-production files for all collateral materials
PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Be skilled in graphic design for both print and digital and have expertise in using design software, including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Know how to work with HTML, and basic web programming scripts
- Have excellent organizational, verbal, and written skills and the ability to write, copy edit and proofread materials
- Understand the importance of implementing brand standards and possess a great attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Have the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet expedited deadlines
- Be a highly motivated, reliable, and enthusiastic team player
- Excellent typography and layout skills
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALS:
- Currently pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters level) in Graphic Design or equivalent from an accredited institution
This internship entails between 15-20 hours per week, from May - August, depending on academic calendar and class schedule, with exact start and end dates determined upon program acceptance. The position is unpaid; however, CAI will help facilitate college credit working with the requirements of your academic institution.
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI will work with the requirements of any academic institution to provide college credit. Qualified and interested candidates should send a COVER LETTER, and RESUME via email to: email@example.com , [subject: Communications and Graphic Design Intern]
Cicatelli Associates Inc. is a highly regarded, not-for-profit health care training, education and technical assistance organization, located in midtown Manhattan. CAI has extensive expertise in all aspects of developing, delivering, and
evaluating training programs, conferences, providing organizational technical assistance and research.
To learn more about Cicatelli Associates Inc., please visit our website at www.caiglobal.org
Cicatelli Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.