CAI is seeking a highly-motivated individual for a part-time (unpaid) internship position of Public Health Intern for a Tobacco Cessation Initiative. The Public Health Intern is responsible for providing assistance and support to the Project Director for Health Systems Improvement. CAI, is a provider of training and technical assistance to health departments, community based organizations and healthcare organizations at a national-level for over 35 years, with a mission to use the transformative power of research and education to foster a more aware, healthy, compassionate and equitable world.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills acquired in school and apply them within a non-profit setting.
MAJOR LEARNING ACTIVITIES TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assistance in drafting a Case Study related to successful implementation of Tobacco Dependence Treatment
- Analyzation and display of qualitative and quantitative data related to a Tobacco Cessation Initiative
- Assisting the Project Director for Health Systems Improvement with Administrative tasks
- Performing other duties as assigned
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALS:
- An interest in Quality Improvement/Health Systems Improvement work
- B.A. or B.S. in Public Health, Epidemiology, Sociology, Social Work, or related disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Keen attention to detail
This internship offers an absolutely flexible work schedule, and would entail approximately 10-12 hours per week. The position is unpaid; however, CAI will facilitate credit working with the requirements of your academic institution, and the Project Director for Health Systems Improvement would provide future employment referrals based on performance.
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI will work with the requirements of any academic institution to provide college credit. Qualified and interested candidates should send a COVER LETTER and RESUME via:
EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org , [subject: Public Health Intern- COE for HSI]
In order to apply to this internship, please click here.
Cicatelli Associates Inc. is a highly regarded, not-for-profit health care training, education and technical assistance organization, located in midtown Manhattan. CAI has extensive expertise in all aspects of developing, delivering, and
evaluating training programs, conferences, providing organizational technical assistance and research.
To learn more about Cicatelli Associates Inc., please visit our website at www.caiglobal.org
Cicatelli Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.