CAI, a training, technical assistance and research-to-practice nonprofit organization is seeking a highly motivated professional for the full-time position of Trainer/Technical Assistance Specialist - Sexual & Reproductive Health and Maternal & Infant Health Services in CAI’s NYC office to work on two of CAI’s projects: The School Based Health Center Project and The Maternal Infant Health Project. This is a full-time, exempt position.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Deliver CAI training courses to a defined level of quality utilizing adult learning principles
- Contribute to curriculum writing and training material development
- Stay abreast of current literature and research related to adolescent health, sexual & reproductive health, and maternal & infant health
- Utilize evidence-based knowledge and best practices to inform curricula, training materials and other resources
- Provide ongoing phone and onsite technical assistance to agencies providing MIH services related to women’s health, breastfeeding, safe sleep, toxic stress & trauma, and family planning in NYC
- Regular travel to sites within NYC
- Other duties as necessary/assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
This is an advanced level position that requires a Master’s Degree with expertise in sexual & reproductive health and/or maternal & infant health as well as experience providing training to adults in a public health arena. Summary of requirements is provided below.
- Master’s degree in related field (MPH preferred)
- Knowledgeable and skilled in developing and delivering adult training programs
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing training to adults in a public health arena
- Strong training and presentation skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach to training techniques
- Expertise in sexual and reproductive health services and/or maternal/infant health services
- Expertise in social determinants of health and sexual & reproductive justice issues
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task/manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. In order to apply to this job please click here.
Cicatelli Associates Inc./CAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer