CAI is seeking a highly motivated and organizationally skilled professional for the full-time or part-time, exempt position of WIC Trainer/Breastfeeding Specialist. The WIC Trainer/Breastfeeding Specialist provides expert training and assists in the development of WIC training designs, training materials, curriculum and online modules in the WIC Training Center, with emphasis on topics related to Breastfeeding. Full-time or part-time availability.
- Excellent platform presentation skills and strong classroom management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of adult learning theory.
- Instructional design skills to support tailored program and course modifications.
- Knowledge of infant development.
- Expertise in human lactation.
- Uses excellent communication skills when training peers.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Translate personal knowledge and expertise into practical, skills-based WIC training programs.
- Deliver approved WIC training courses to a defined level of quality.
- Prepare coursework to utilization guidelines.
- Proactively manage training time to individual utilization targets, including seeking opportunities to increase training time.
- Maintain a repertoire of no less than 3 “standard” CAI/WIC training programs.
- Identify and pursue cross-training opportunities to expand course repertoire.
- Assist with the designing of WIC training programs and training materials.
- Co-train with other staff trainers and/or consultants as needed.
- Assist with the development of WIC training curricula.
- Stay up-to-date on current lactation research and breastfeeding in the news.
- Stay up-to-date on WIC/FNS breastfeeding curriculum and related curricula.
- Assist in the development of on-line training modules.
- Design and deliver custom courses for “tailored’ CAI/WIC training programs and adjust for specific audiences.
- Maintain website – updates to content, links, breastfeeding in the news and spotlight on WIC agencies.
- Promotes breastfeeding and serves as the breastfeeding expert to funder and CAI.
- Write and contribute breastfeeding articles for WIC quarterly reports and other CAI projects.
- Participate in advisory groups, focus groups, needs assessment activities, etc. as needed.
- Maintain accurate and current records of all training activities.
- Oversee and maintain breastfeeding training materials, including WIC-approved breastpumps.
- Participate in all continuous quality improvement activities, including debriefing of every training event.
- Represent the CAI organization at professional meetings; attend lactation conferences.
- Provide technical assistance as needed.
- Maintain LCERP credits and applications through the IBLCE
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree (or advanced degree) and/or 2 years combined (training and field) experience in a related field.
- Experience with counseling pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.
- Current Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) certification.
- Current Internationally Board-Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
- Knowledge of infant development and behavior.
- Knowledge of breastfeeding aids, including breastpumps.
- Expertise in course content & topics.
- Excellent training and public presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as oral & written communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to travel statewide; flexibility of schedule.
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach to training techniques.
- Excellent planning skills, extremely organized, and ability to multi-task.
How to apply:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. For immediate consideration: EMAIL, FAX or MAIL your cover letter, resume and salary range requirements to our Human Resources Department, attention: “WIC Trainer/Breastfeeding Specialist” Search.
Mail: CAI Human Resources Department
505 Eighth Avenue, Suite 1900, New York, NY 10018