CAI is looking for an experienced storyteller who will take how we describe CAI’s work and outcomes to the next level to enhance our brand, impact and motivate participation in our programming. This is an individual who is adept at developing innovative, state-of-the-art, and people-focused marketing and communications strategies for communicating who we are, what we do, how we do it, and what that means for the public, our funders, and customers. The Senior Communications Specialist reports to the CEO and collaborates directly with CAI’s Development and Communications Departments. This position is full-time and based in CAI’s NYC office.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with senior administrators and multidisciplinary teams – from development, communication, IT and production, program, and evaluation - to produce effective communication messages and strategies that align with CAI’s vision, mission and approach
- Applies commercial and social marketing principles and techniques to develop communication messages that advance CAI’s brand and strategies and evoke emotion, interest, and demonstrate usefulness of CAI’s approach and unique contribution to the public health field.
- Cultivates and articulates our work through concise messaging and communications strategies to cultivate a better understanding of who we are among donors, partners, and the institutions and organizations we work with.
- Curates content for CAI’s website and promotes search engine optimization, press releases, social media content, and listservs.
- Provides leadership for development and implementation of a CAI communications plan.
- Provides leadership and guidance for development of messages that communicate our project goals, activities and results through written and oral presentation for diverse audiences.
- Commissions or conducts social marketing research to support development of communication messages as part of a carefully planned, long-term approach to facilitate adoption of evidence-based and best practices among health, behavioral, and supportive service providers.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS and OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS:
- BA or BS in communications, social marketing, or similar disciplines
- At least seven years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with senior executives and all levels of management
- Advanced strategic thinking and planning, advanced oral and written communication skills, and advanced problem-solving skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to convey concepts in a clear and compelling way through both written and oral presentation to diverse stakeholders and audiences
- Experience in donor and partnership engagement, developing strategic and compelling messages and innovative strategies for fundraising
- Experience in public health field and health equity preferred
- Experience with traditional, digital, and social marketing communication strategies
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. In order to apply for this job, please click here.