CAI is seeking an experienced, hands-on, full-time/non-exempt Administrative Assistant responsible for providing project-related support services to Buffalo-based project staff, including office-management responsibilities. This position is location in CAI’s Buffalo, New York office.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBLITLES:
- Maintain polite and professional communication greeting visitors; via phone; e-mail; and through written correspondence
- Provide real-time event and meeting scheduling support, booking of staff calendars, and preventing conflicts.
- Use computers and various computer programs to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, and support creation of presentations as directed.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and manage training and meeting arrangements and logistics including providing on-site support as assigned.
- Assist in production, update, and dissemination of training and meeting announcements, calendars, project-related websites, etc.
- Facilitate meeting registration processes and services.
- Assist and support completion of communication and marketing activities.
- Coordinate mailings; develop, maintain and update mailing and address lists.
- Complete data entry; scan data forms; filing, faxing and photocopying.
- Make travel arrangements, such as registering for conferences, booking flights, cars, and making hotel and catering arrangements.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office space, equipment, including computers, copy machines, and ordering supplies and materials.
- Provide back-up assistance to other projects, administrative assistants
- Other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires working in an office and local travel and occassional out of state travel. It requires bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving and set-up of training materials and resources. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work-related purposes.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED/PREFERRED SKILLS:
- High school diploma
- Five years office/administrative assistant experience
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Work, Power Point, SharePoint, Teams, Excel, and Zoom Webinar and Meeting functions
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
- Good planning skills; extremely organized; and ability to multi-task
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional appearance and manner
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.