CAI, a training, technical assistance and research-to-practice nonprofit organization is seeking a highly motivated professional for the full-time, exempt position of Trainer/Technical Assistance Specialist - Trauma Informed Care Initiatives in CAI’s NYC office to work on at least two of CAI’s projects: The NJ Trauma Informed Care Project and The NY Trauma Informed Care Initiative. This person will be responsible for providing technical assistance and trainings for CAI’s Trauma Informed Care focused initiatives, to build the capacity of agencies delivering HIV care, treatment and support services to integrate TIC into the agency’s culture, environment and service delivery.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Deliver technical assistance on integration of trauma informed care into agency culture, environment, and service delivery, including but not limited to policy and protocol development, patient flow, human resources, etc.
- Deliver CAI training courses to a defined level of quality utilizing adult learning principles
- Contribute to curriculum writing and training material development
- Stay abreast of current literature and research related to HIV, trauma, and trauma informed care
- Utilize evidence-based knowledge and best practices to inform technical assistance activities, Training curricula, training materials and other resources
- Maintain accurate and current records of all technical and training activities
- Represent organization at professional meetings
- Provide ongoing phone and onsite technical assistance to agencies providing TIC services related projects being conducted in NY and/or NJ
- Regular travel to sites within NYC and across the state of New Jersey
- Other duties as necessary/assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
This is an advanced level position that requires a Master’s Degree with expertise in HIV and/or mental health, as well as experience providing training to adults in a public health arena. Summary of requirements is provided below.
- Master’s degree in related field (MPH, MSW preferred) or BSN
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing technical assistance to build capacity of health serving agencies
- Experience and/or knowledgeable about coaching staff to achieve performance improvement
- Knowledgeable and skilled in delivering adult training programs
- Experience training multidisciplinary staff who work in a primary health care settings
- Ability to interpret and use real-time data to support process improvement
- Strong training and presentation skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach to training techniques and TA delivery
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team, in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task/manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.