CAI, a training, technical assistance (TA) and research-to-practice nonprofit organization is seeking a highly motivated professional for the full-time, exempt position of Community Engagement Technical Assistance Specialist –based in CAI’s NYC office - to work on CAI’s, NJ Trauma Informed Overdose Data to Action Project (OD2A). The individual will be responsible for providing TA and trainings to integrate trauma informed care (TIC) into the culture, environment, and service delivery of agencies involved with addressing the overdose epidemic in NJ. These agencies provide one or several of the following services to their client/patients: substance use disorder treatment programs (SUD), harm reduction services (HRCs), first responders (EMS), and/or medicated assisted treatment providers (MATs).
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Deliver TA on the integration of trauma informed care into agencies providing harm reduction and syringe exchange services including agency culture, environment, policy and protocols, and service delivery, etc.
- Deliver TA for a community level integration of trauma informed care with a focus on harm reduction centers, EMS and mental health and addiction services programs
- Stay abreast of current literature and research related to harm reduction, trauma, trauma informed care, substance use disorders, and overdose prevention
- Utilize evidence-based knowledge and best practices to inform TA activities, training curricula, training materials, and other resources
- Maintain accurate and current records of all technical and training activities
- Represent organization at professional meetings
- Provide ongoing remote and onsite TA to agencies providing TIC services and other entities such as EMS, local health departments, federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), behavioral health departments, substance use treatment programs, harm reduction centers and related projects being conducted in NJ
- Regular travel to sites in New Jersey
- Other duties as necessary/assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
This is an advanced level position that requires a master’s degree with expertise in, mental health, substance use, harm reduction, and community engagement. Summary of requirements is provided below.
- Master’s degree in a related field (Mental Health, Social Work, Psychology, Substance Use Disorder, Counselor, Harm Reduction Specialist, Public Health)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing capacity building technical assistance, working in community engagement activities, and/or substance use services.
- Experience and/or knowledgeable about coaching staff to achieve performance improvement
- Experience providing technical assistance to multidisciplinary staff who work in agencies providing services related to overdose prevention such as harm reduction, substance use disorder programs, emergency medical services, MATs programs, and primary health care settings.
- Ability to interpret and use real-time data to support process improvement
- Strong engagement skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach to providing technial assistance to organizations at the community and grassroots levels.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team, in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task/manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.