CAI is seeking a highly motivated professional for the FULL-TIME position of Director of Information Technology. The Director of Information Technology (IT Director) is responsible for working with CAI’s Senior Administrators to provide leadership for developing, executing, managing, and updating IT infrastructure for the organization to realize goals of building the capacity of leaders, workforce, community, and other stakeholders, across the US and internationally, through innovative virtual and face-to-face training and technical assistance. This includes leading and overseeing technical projects in alignment with organizational goals including selection and maintenance of cloud-based training management systems, Sharepoint, learning management systems, virtual training and technical assistance platforms and technologies, project management systems, and directing the effective development and delivery of networked systems. The IT Director also works closely with CAI’s Project/Program Directors and Managers, meeting specific program/project IT needs and providing solutions and guidance to various IT challenges. The IT Director supervises and works closely with the Lead Developer and supervises Information Technology Associates. Using an active and practical approach, the IT Director will provide guidance and direction to all CAI employees in all areas of technical resources, including computer/network systems and office equipment. This is a NYC-based position.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes the organization’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the organization’s technological development.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other CAI Senior Administrators, Project Directors/Managers as an advisor of technologies that may improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides direct leadership and assistance to CAI Project Directors/Managers in a fashion that supports the organization’s culture, mission and values, and works with CAI Project Directors/Managers to understand and analyze project needs and provide technological solutions when applicable.
- Conducts research on leading edge technologies and makes determinations and recommendations on implementation.
- Establishes off-site network and computer systems for satellite offices (Albany, Buffalo, Atlanta, Denver, and LA) .
- Purchases, maintains and manages all computer hardware equipment and oversees the network system within the CAI NYC office.
- Works in collaboration with the Lead Developer to develop and maintain all database programs and systems that meet all grant and organizational requirements.
- Maintains distance-learning software and facilities.
- Supervises direct line IT staff to oversee and provide guidance of all IT activities, including but not limited to: IT helpdesk tickets, office equipment, email systems, telephone and mailing systems and equipment.
- Trains and updates staff on use of computers, distance learning systems and office equipment.
- Provides external technical assistance and training as needed.
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or 10 years successful experience in computer technology and management information systems.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office 365, Quickbase, SharePoint, Zoom and other systems.
- Knowledge and use of other IT subscriptions and systems helpful.
- Excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to actively and effectively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Ability to stay current with IT systems, subscriptions, updates and technical procedures.
- Strong presentation skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.