CAI (Cicatelli Associates Inc.) is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for the full-time, exempt position of Contracts Manager. The Contracts Manager functions and performs in a highly professional, confidential and knowledgeable manner in CAI’s Finance Department. For selected CAI projects, they are responsible for: providing contracts and grants management activities and maintaining internal communications with the CFO and other members of the Finance Department. This position is based in CAI’s NYC office.
- Communicate all relevant activities to CAI’s CFO and as necessary, other members of the CAI Finance Department (i.e., Senior Vice-President/Director of Finance, Contracts Manager, Accounts Payable Manager, etc.)
- Maintain thorough and accurate records and files; provide internal and external correspondence as requested by the CFO
- Provide grants and contracts management
- Maintenance and analysis of contracts documentation
- Grants and project accounting analysis
- Reconciliations of project expenses to budget
- Vouchering of expenses for various government grants/contracts
- Assist in the creation of project budgets and budget modifications in collaboration and communication with Project Directors and Managers
- Communicate with funders as directed and authorized
- Open and maintain “projects” in Intacct (CAI’s accounting system)
- Prepare all required documentation for the funder audit.
- Assist with the organization annual audit
- Monitor subrecipient/Contractor funds and if necessary, conduct an audit.
- As necessary or requested, develop and utilize complex spreadsheets (i.e., Excel) for accurate tracking and reporting
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3-5 years of high-volume bookkeeping/accounting experience required
- Strong understanding of non-profit organization fiscal management and policies
- Must be able to establish and maintain fiscal procedures and processes and effectively communicate to finance and other staff
- Must have sound accounting training and knowledge
- Advanced computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include proficiency in Excel and excellent database management and record keeping skills and experiences
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure and to work within short deadlines
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, with a strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Three to five years of for-profit and/or non-profit financial management experience, preferably in grant accounting
- Knowledge of fund accounting and spread sheets/financial tracking and reporting
- Knowledge of various computerized software accounting systems (Intacct) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.