CAI, a nonprofit organization dedicated to building the capacity of leaders, workforce, and communities to innovate and translate research to practice to promote health equity through the provision of training and technical assistance, is seeking a highly motivated professional experienced in working with the Latinx and Black/African American community for the full-time position of Technical Assistance (TA) Specialist. The TA Specialist will provide coaching to Ryan White HIV/AIDS Programs to strengthen, implement, and continuously improve their plans and strategies to End the HIV Epidemic and will also support the development of CAI’s growing portfolio of sexual and reproductive health services. The preference is for this position to be based in CAI’s Denver Office; however, we are open to other U.S.-based candidates.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Plan and provide remote and in-person technical assistance to a diverse group of organizations (e.g., health departments, health centers, CBOs) at the state, local, and organizational level to foster development, implementation, and continuous improvement of interventions and implementation strategies to improve reproductive health outcomes and end the HIV epidemic
- Employ evidence-based stakeholder and community engagement strategies to ensure project approaches reflect community voices and perspectives, and as qualified, facilitate focus groups, community café’s, and key informant interviews
- Aid in the development and use of data collection tools to monitor progress in implementation of interventions and to continuously improve
- Contribute to the development of training curriculum and materials, capacity-building strategies and tools, and, as qualified, act as part of a team to deliver trainings to providers
- Support Colorado-based team in expanding portfolio of initiatives to address disparities in sexual and reproductive health, with a particular focus on Latinx community
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of CAI staff, faculty, and consultants to conduct all project activities, identify and highlight lessons learned and best practices in implementation strategies
- Other duties as necessary/assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
This is an advanced level position that requires expertise in HIV and/or sexual and reproductive health, as well as experience providing technical assistance in a public health arena. Summary of requirements is provided below.
- Masters-level degree and/or a minimum of 5 years combined (training and field) experience in health policy, public health, and/or health care operations
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing technical assistance in a public health arena
- Knowledgeable and skilled in delivering coaching to adults in a professional environment, including coaching staff to achieve performance improvement
- Spanish language proficiency and experience working with the Latinx community on health education and services-related projects
- Strong analytic, strategic thinking and presentation skills including interpersonal, as well as oral and written communications skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach to training and technical assistance techniques
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team, in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task/manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.