CAI (Cicatelli Associates Inc.) is seeking a highly motivated professional for the full-time position of Director/Senior Research Associate, who will work under the direction of CAI’s Director of Research and Evaluation, and with key project directors and staff, to provide leadership for a portfolio of initiatives that apply community-based participatory research (CBPR) methods, as well as provide direction and day-to-day management for a Buffalo, New York based COVID-19 Vaccine and Flu Initiative. This position is open to candidates across the U.S. and can be completed remotely.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director/Senior Research Associate, working in partnership with a team of multidisciplinary capacity building and community engagement experts, community members and stakeholders, will hold primary responsibilities for the direction, day-to-day management, and lead evaluation of activities for an initiative focused on improving access to, and knowledge of, COVID and Flu vaccine in Buffalo, New York. Additional responsibilities will include partnering with project teams to support the design and completion of evaluation for tobacco control and prevention and youth workforce development initiatives. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated project leadership skills and a strong interest in utilizing a culturally responsive and racial equity framework to the approach, design, implementation, analysis and dissemination of evaluation activities and products.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Director Responsibilities - COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Project Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management, working collaboratively with CAI staff and community partners, for all activities associated with implementation of the Buffalo COVID-19 Vaccine Initiative – including evaluation plan.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, provide leadership for the development and implementation of a plan to improve knowledge about, and access to, COVID-19 and Flu vaccination in Buffalo, New York
- Lead the development and implementation, in partnership with the project team, of an evaluation plan for the COVID-19 and Flu vaccination initiative
- Participate in funder meetings and lead the development and submission of project reports
Research and Evaluation Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of project evaluation plans in alignment with CBPR approaches
- Develop and implement assessment and evaluation tools and strategies using culturally responsive and equitable evaluation frameworks
- Develop data collection tools and strategies in collaboration with project staff and community partners
- Facilitate the development and implementation of processes to collect and analyze data
- Create monthly reports to track project implementation and summarize findings to disseminate information about project progress and outcomes to a variety of audiences (community members, CAI staff, community partners, funder, etc.).
- Report evaluation and assessment findings in writing, PowerPoint presentation, and through data visualization techniques (e.g., maps, data dashboard, infographics)
- Conduct routine scientific literature reviews on a range of topics including best practices in evaluating health equity initiatives and summarize findings
- Write abstracts and white papers, and participate in academic conference presentations to facilitate dissemination of findings
- Working as part of a team contribute to development of proposals and funder reports
- Maintain positive working relationships with funders, subcontractors, stakeholders, community members, and project teams
- Perform other duties as necessary/assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in health/social sciences, public health, or comparable field
- 5+ full years of pertinent full-time work providing leadership, direction, management and evaluation support for projects
- Experience conducting research in a social sciences, public health, and/or medical/clinical setting
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills and experience
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative data analysis software and data collection/management programs
- Experience with data visualization software Tableau or PowerBI
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Creative mindset and ability to think outside boundaries
- Strong attention to detail and adept at managing multiple projects and priorities
- Experience in interfacing with and evaluating public health and clinical intervention programs is a plus
- Experience working on community-based initiatives
In keeping with CAI’s “safety first” approach during the COVID-19 epidemic, to ensure the health of our employees and the public whom we interact with, we are requiring all CAI employees to receive COVID-19 vaccinations within 6 weeks of their hire date. (If someone is unable to obtain a vaccine due to a medical/disability or religious reason, they may contact CAI’s HR department; contact information will be provided as part of the interview process.)
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.