CAI, a training, technical assistance, and research-to-practice nonprofit organization, is seeking a highly motivated professional for the confidential position of Human Resources Associate, who will assist CAI’s Director of Human Resources and Human Resources Manager with all aspects of the employment lifecycle of CAI’s 120+ multi-state, full-time and part-time employees and interns. We are open to candidates seeking full-time or part-time employment. This position is temporarily remote but will be based in CAI’s NYC office.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to)
- Assist HR Director, HR Manager, Project Directors and others in the creation of new or revised job descriptions;
- Provide direct assistance with the hiring process, including advertising open positions; reviewing resumes; coordinating, scheduling and, where appropriate, conducting interviews; and conducting reference checks;
- Provide assistance with the on-boarding process for new employees;
- Maintain up-to-date personnel information and files in Sharepoint;
- Assist in the preparation of semi-monthly payroll to ADP in coordination with CAI Finance Dept staff;
- Assist in administering employee benefits (health/dental/vision, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, retirement/401(k) plan, TransitChek, etc.);
- Assist in completing and submitting various forms (such worker’s compensation claims, disability claims, unemployment claims, verification of employment, etc.) to external agencies;
- Assist in updating CAI’s Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual, organizational staffing and supervision chart, and various personnel lists;
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of the annual employee review process in conjunction with CAI’s HR Director and HR Manager;
- Assist in the data entry of HR-related invoices;
- Support ongoing employee relations/questions;
- Assist with other human resources/personnel-related issues;
- Other duties as necessary or assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Previous HR administration experience
- Strong experience with online HR and other programs, software, and technologies, i.e. ADP, Sage/Intacct, Office 365 (Sharepoint, Zoom), Timeclock365, etc.
- SHRM certification
- Nonprofit experience
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Familiarity and knowledge of multi-state and federal labor laws
To perform this job successfully, the employee in this position should demonstrate the following: discretion/confidentiality in handling sensitive matters, the ability to handle multiple competing priorities at once, strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, providing service excellence to internal clients, and the ability to deal with situations and issues proactively.
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.