CAI (Cicatelli Associates Inc.) is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for the full-time position of Senior Trainer, Community and Stakeholder Engagement. The Trainer will report to the Director, Community and Stakeholder Engagement to Promote Health Equity, to work as part of a team to contribute to activities across the organization to engage, mobilize, and build the capacity of community members and stakeholders to inform, design, implement, and continuously improve initiatives to address enduring disparities in public health outcomes. The preference is for this position to be based in CAI’s Buffalo, New York office, and we are open to candidates located in CAI’s New York City office and to remote candidates based elsewhere in NYS.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position, while providing broad training support to priority organization-wide initiatives as identified, will specifically support an initiative in Buffalo, New York to build the capacity of community members, stakeholders, and health and social support providers to participate in community-driven processes to identify, implement and evaluate interventions and systems changes to increase confidence in COVID-19 and Flu vaccines. This includes building COVID-19 and Flu vaccine awareness, access, and confidence activities tailored to racial and ethnic minority groups experiencing disparities.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working as part of a team, implement best practice strategies to ensure that community members and stakeholders are continuously involved and that the voice from the community is a major driver in accomplishing initiative activities.
- Develop and update training designs, curricula, and online and face-to-face training modules and related materials that incorporate simulations and interactive exercises.
- Employ state-of-the-art, live, instructor-led, virtual classroom training, webinar training, multi-modal, and face-to-face training methods that are grounded in adult learning theory.
- As part of a team, prepare and deliver community capacity building curriculums, resources and tools
- Maintains working relationships with community agencies, other stakeholders, and community members, to support activities to improve health outcomes for priority populations.
- Participate in all continuous quality improvement activities, including preparing for and debriefing of every training and capacity building event.
- Utilize CAI project management databases (e.g., Quickbase, Learning Stream) to record and manage project activities.
- Represent organization at community and professional meetings as identified.
- Contribute, as requested by Project Director, to funder reporting and proposal development activities, as identified.
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
COVID-19 and FLU VACCINE RESPONSIBILITES
- Drawing on community and stakeholder formative assessment data, provide leadership for the development of capacity building strategies and training curriculum, resources, and tools to build awareness, knolwedge, and increase community confidence in COVID-19 and Flu vaccines.
- Act as lead trainer in the delivery of virtual and face-to-face (as allowed) COVID-19 and Flu vaccine training curriculum in the Buffalo community.
- In coordination with initiative subcontractors, stakeholders, and community members, develop and implement training calender and strategy for recruiting training participants.
- Partner with initiative team to support completion of evaluation activities.
- Excellent online platform presentation skills.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of adult learning theory.
- Instructional design skills that significantly contribute to “developmental” program efforts.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor degree (or advanced degree) and/or 5+ years combined experience designing and delivering training in a related field.
- Expert knowledge in applying adult learning theory to training design and delivery.
- Excellent training skills and adaptability and flexibility in approach to training techniques.
- Public presentation skills and facilitator’s presence.
- Experience working with and in-depth knowledge of addressing the needs of underrepresented and historically marginalized populations (e.g. Latinx, Indigenous, Black, etc.)
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as oral & written communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent planning skills, extremely organized, and ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology, Microsoft Office suite applications (PowerPoint).
- Flexibility of schedule.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires working in an office and local travel (as public health conditions permit). It requires bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving and set-up of training materials and resources. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work-related purposes.
In keeping with CAI’s “safety first” approach during the COVID-19 epidemic, to ensure the health of our employees and the public whom we interact with, we are requiring all CAI employees to receive COVID-19 vaccinations within 6 weeks of their hire date. (If someone is unable to obtain a vaccine due to a medical/disability or religious reason, they may contact CAI’s HR department; contact information will be provided as part of the interview process.)
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.