CAI (Cicatelli Associates Inc.) is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for the full-time position of Maternal-Infant Health (MIH) Trainer and Technical Assistance/Breastfeeding Specialist. This position is temporarily remote but will be based in CAI’s NYC office.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide expert training and assist the team in development of training designs and materials, with emphasis on topics related to maternal-infant health, especially breastfeeding. Provide technical assistance (TA) to community-based organizations serving pregnant and parenting populations.
- Translate public health knowledge and expertise into MIH training programs and technical assistance.
- Excellent presentation skills and strong classroom management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of adult learning theory.
- Expertise in human lactation.
- Knowledge of infant development, safe sleep practices, family planning, women’s health, and toxic stress and trauma.
- Uses excellent communication skills when training peers.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver trainings to a defined level of quality.
- Proactively manage relationships with assigned MIH community-based organizations, providing regular TA for assigned agencies.
- Stay abreast of current literature and research related to maternal infant morbidity and mortality, breastfeeding, sexual and reproductive justice, and racial equity.
- Utilize evidence-based knowledge and best practices to inform TA activities, training curricula, training materials, and other resources.
- Provide ongoing remote and onsite TA to agencies providing MIH services.
- Maintain accurate and current records of all training and technical assistance activities.
- Identify and pursue cross-training opportunities to expand subject matter repertoire.
- Co-train with other staff trainers and/or consultants as needed.
- Promote breastfeeding and serve as the breastfeeding expert to funder and CAI.
- Participate in all continuous quality improvement activities, including debriefing of every training event.
- Represent the CAI organization at professional meetings; attend lactation conferences.
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCTION, CREDENTIALS, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelors degree (or advanced degree) and/or 2 years combined (training and field) experience in a related field.
- Experience with counseling pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.
- Current Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) certification.
- Knowledge of infant development and behavior.
- Knowledge of breastfeeding aids, including breast pumps.
- Expertise in course content & topics.
- Excellent training, engagement, and public presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as oral & written communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel statewide; flexibility of schedule.
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach to training techniques.
- Excellent planning skills, extremely organized, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to interpret and use real-time data to support process improvement.
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach to providing technical assistance to organizations at the community and grassroots levels.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task/manage multiple projects.
In keeping with CAI’s “safety first” approach during the COVID-19 epidemic, to ensure the health of our employees and the public whom we interact with, we are requiring all CAI employees to receive COVID-19 vaccinations within 6 weeks of their hire date. (If someone is unable to obtain a vaccine due to a medical/disability or religious reason, they may contact CAI’s HR department; contact information will be provided as part of the interview process.)
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.