CAI (Cicatelli Associates Inc.), is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for the full-time position of Content Specialist (Writer). The Content Specialist will write (and, at times, edit) a large volume of material for multiple audiences, including short announcements, profiles of staff and clients, fact sheets about issues and programs, reports, brochures, and other material. Material will be posted on the organization’s website and distributed both electronically and in hard copy. The Content Specialist will conduct significant research as part of the writing process and will work closely with other staff across the organization. The Content Specialist will report to and work under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Engagement. The Content Specialist will have excellent writing and research skills, strong interpersonal skills, and experience making complex, technical information accessible and engaging for broader audiences. The Content Specialist will also bring a demonstrated commitment to CAI’s mission. The location of this position is flexible.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft announcements, updates, profiles, fact sheets, reports, brochures, and other materials. Discern the audience and goals for all material being drafted, and produce drafts that are accurate and engaging, appropriate for the audience, and advance the goals of the material.
- Conduct research, using internal and external resources, to inform the drafting of material.
- As needed, edit and revise content developed by other staff or partners.
- Develop, maintain, and manage schedules for developing content, such as recurring features for CAI’s website and social media.
- Engage regularly with departments and teams across the organization to remain abreast of developments that may warrant announcements, profiles, or other content, and to provide writing support to departments as needed.
- Manage review and approval of material being drafted, and shepherd material through review processes to ensure that appropriate staff have reviewed and approved material before it is finalized.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS & OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS:
At least three years of professional experience, with writing as the primary focus of the work and a Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have exceptional writing skills, with the ability to write for multiple audiences.
- Must have exceptional skills conveying complex information clearly for broader audiences.
- Must have strong skills and experience applying a consistent voice, tone, and style across written material in different formats and for varying audiences.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to forge relationships with staff at all levels and maintain ongoing communication with staff across departments and offices.
- Should have interest and demonstrated commitment to CAI’s mission. Experience in public health and/or the nonprofit experience is strongly preferred but not required.
- Should have strong editing skills and be highly organized.
In keeping with CAI’s “safety first” approach during the COVID-19 epidemic, to ensure the health of our employees and the public whom we interact with, we are requiring all CAI employees to receive COVID-19 vaccinations within 6 weeks of their hire date. (If someone is unable to obtain a vaccine due to a medical/disability or religious reason, they may contact CAI’s HR department; contact information will be provided as part of the interview process.)
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $85,000, depending on educational background and professional experience. Apply for this job.