The mission of the Greater New York Chapter of ANAC is to promote the individual and
collective development of those involved in the delivery of health care to persons infected
or affected by HIV and to promote the health and welfare of infected by:
• Creating an effective network among nurses in AIDS care
• Study, research and exchange of information, experiences and ideas leading to improved care for persons with HIV/AIDS
• Providing leadership to the nursing community in matters related to HIV/AIDS
• Advocating for persons with HIV
• Promoting social awareness concerning issues related to HIV
Inherent in these goals is the abiding commitment to the prevention of further HIV infection.
In order to join the local Greater NY Chapter of ANAC, all applicants must be a member in good standing with national ANAC. If you are not currently a member of national ANAC, please complete a national application and separate check for national dues and mail it to the national ANAC office (this is necessary before we can process your local chapter membership dues). For further information please contact the national ANAC office at 800-260-6780.
For more information regarding membership, please contact:
Carol Cohen, RN, BSN, ACRN
Greater NY ANAC's Membership Chairperson