Continuing Education Associate
CAI, a nonprofit organization dedicated to building the capacity of leaders, workforce, and communities to innovate and translate research to practice, promoting health equity through the provision of training and technical assistance, is seeking a highly motivated professional for the part-time (50% FTE or approximately 20 hours per week) position of Continuing Education Associate. The CE Associate will assist the Clinical Continuing Education Coordinator to manage the provision of clinical continuing education credits/contact hours at CAI training programs. CAI is an approved provider of continuing nursing, medical, social work, psychology, credentialed alcohol and substance abuse counselors, and certified health education specialists, professional development. The CE Associate will be responsible for managing CE requests, creating/updating Learning Stream CE events and materials, preparing CE reports, assisting with project management and database responsibilities, as well as clinical curriculum design. They will report to the Clinical Continuing Education Coordinator.
This position is suited for those skilled or interested in project management, quality improvement, and professional development curriculum design, in a fast-moving organization. This role provides the opportunity to contribute to projects addressing health disparities in HIV, reproductive health, substance use disorders, behavioral health, and other public health issues through effective clinical education.
This position may be based in any of CAI’s offices (New York City, Albany, Buffalo, Atlanta, Jackson, Denver, or Los Angeles), and we are open to remote candidates based elsewhere in the U.S.
Major tasks and responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
Manage all organizational procedures for providing clinical continuing education (CE) credits for CAI training programs, including:
- Creating/updating program events in Learning Stream, a training management system
- Develop marketing materials for CE programs including disclosure slides, event flyers, and certificates
- Manage Continuing Education request trackers, communicate with project teams as needed to collect information
- Preparing and disseminating required forms, post-tests and certificates to training teams and participants
- Maintaining complete and accurate records and entering program data into the organizational database
- Administering, analyzing, and reporting data from 3-month post-training surveys
- Assisting with planning and facilitating monthly Clinical Division meetings; coordinating review of CE requests and training curricula by clinical reviewers; identifying opportunities to streamline and improve CE processes
- Producing trainings via Zoom, including advancing slides, initiating breakout rooms, polls, annotation, etc.
- Other duties as necessary or assigned
Minimum education, experience, and other required skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, pursuing degree in health-related field preferred (i.e. MPH, LMSW/LCSW, MD, RN, etc.)
- 1-3 years in project coordination of health programs; experience in clinical education preferred
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multitask
- Knowledge of public health and medical terminology and measuring/evaluating learning outcomes
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Office Suite, learning management systems, video conferencing, survey software and databases
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment
In keeping with CAI’s “safety first” approach during the COVID-19 epidemic, to ensure the health of our employees and the public whom we interact with, we are requiring all CAI employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires must show proof of at least one vaccine shot prior to their first day of work. (If someone is unable to obtain a vaccine due to a medical/disability or religious reason, they may contact CAI’s HR department; contact information will be provided as part of the interview process.)
The full-time salary for this position is $45,000 (working at 50% FTE is $22,500)
How to apply
CAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer