Project Coordinator (NYC Preferred)
CAI (Cicatelli Associates Inc.) is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for the full-time position of project coordinator. The project coordinator works under the direction of the Vice President of Performance Management and CQI to support the management, coordination, and implementation of a portfolio of national, regional, state, and local initiatives focused on implementation of evidence-based and innovative strategies to close the gap in enduring disparities in health outcomes. This includes the provision of direct support of Project Directors working within the Vice President’s portfolio and working in partnership with IT, Communications, and Research/Evaluation staff to support achievement of all project outcomes.
As the project coordinator grows in the position, they are expected to develop an understanding of their assigned project(s) goals, objectives, and public health importance. The preference is for this position to be based in our NYC office, but we are open to remote candidates based elsewhere in the U.S.
The responsibilities of the project coordinator fall into the following categories.
Training, Technical Assistance, Meeting, and Event Coordination and Support
Provide coordination and support to project teams in planning and delivery of in-person and web-based training and technical assistance (TTA), meetings and events (e.g. virtual – instructor led training (V-ILT), face-to-face classroom training, webinars, learning collaboratives, presentations, and conference exhibits). This involves intensive training in Zoom producing and utilizing Learning Stream, our training management system, among other software. Tasks include the following:
- Schedule in-person and virtual trainings, TA, and meetings
- Implement processes for facilitating registration and cancellations of participants using online registration system(s) and responding to, and troubleshooting, participant registration and cancellation questions
- In coordination with Clinical Division staff, prepare and manage continuing education applications and training attendee credit requests
- Prepare training materials using JobMaster and/or by facilitating printing and forwarding to participants via email or US postal service
- Make travel arrangements for training staff and/or participants as required
Virtual Instructor Led Training (V-ILT) Producer
Using Zoom and/or other virtual learning platforms, the producer, works as part of the training team, in concert with trainers, to cover all the technical elements of the training to make the V-ILT session run smoothly allowing the facilitator to deliver the session objectives and guide the learners through the session content. Tasks may include:
- Schedule and facilitate training team practice runs and training debriefs
- Load, before the event, and run polling during the event
- Guiding participants through an introduction to use of technology
- Onboard participants and presenters/trainers (e.g., audio checks, on-boarding late participants) during the event
- Troubleshoot and address participant and trainer technical issues during the event (e.g., muting microphones to mitigate background noise) as they arise
- Create and run break-out sessions during the event
- Share links to tasks and documents during the event
- Download and file/post/disseminate chats, polls, archived products, and recordings of virtual trainings, meetings, events as identified
- Record and facilitate editing of training events for dissemination
- In-person trainings and meetings
- Identify and secure in-person meeting venues, negotiating on space and price
- Ensure set-up of meeting space is implemented according to lead trainer instructions
- Work with IT to ensure all AV equipment (e.g., laptop, microphones, screens) are available for day of training
- Order food and refreshments, as allowed
- On day of training support trainer in ensuring all equipment, room set-up, and materials are set-up and provide support to participants and training team throughout (e.g., registration table, printing materials, working with venue staff)
Work with research and evaluation staff to meet funder specifications for reporting and foster continuous quality improvement.
- Upload, gather, and disseminate to project team, data from different sources to help inform progress in achievement of project deliverables. This involves conducting data entry and uploading participant registration and TTA evaluations in project management database (i.e. Quickbase) and downloading reports from participant registration systems, TTA evaluation results, communications analytics (Formstack), GetResponse, website, and social media, and among other sources.
- Work closely with communications staff on the development and design for project communications activities
- Coordinate project communication activities, including:
- Updating project website
- Drafting and sending out email announcements using GetResponse
- Using social media to promote project activities
- Support efforts to package materials (e.g., iStock images)
- Exhibits at national and regional conferences
Project Management Support
- Assist project director, as identified, with fostering communication with funder and partner organizations, including with the development of funder reports.
- Manage the process for hiring of consultants, ensuring that completed paperwork is provided to finance and human resources staff.
- Facilitate communication among and schedule meetings of project staff via CDC teams or Zoom or in-persons
- Keep accurate and organized records of meeting minutes and project activities using QuickBase and Sharepoint
- Work with project director, project staff, and finance department to organize and manage project expenses using Intacct, including reconciling expenses on a monthly basis
- Order supplies
- With support from IT troubleshoot and address IT challenges among project team
- Travel for project-related events, meetings, and trainings as needed
- Manage internal SharePoint site to share and update materials with project staff
- Keep up-to-date and current via research and personal learning on topics relevant to the project and for the technology needed for the project.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent related work experience
- Previous office administrative experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Zoom (or other virtual meeting software), QuickBase (or other project management software), and Learning Stream (or other training management systems).
To perform this job successfully, the employee in this position must demonstrate the following: the ability to handle multiple competing priorities at once, strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, providing service excellence to internal and external clients, the ability to deal with situations and issues proactively, following up to ensure high quality products, and working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
In keeping with CAI’s “safety first” approach during the COVID-19 epidemic, to ensure the health of our employees and the public whom we interact with, we are requiring all CAI employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires must show proof of at least one vaccine shot prior to their first day of work. (If someone is unable to obtain a vaccine due to a medical/disability or religious reason, they may contact CAI’s HR department; contact information will be provided as part of the interview process.)
The salary range for this position is $58,500- $65,000. CAI offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health, dependent care, and commuter flexible spending accounts
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Retirement savings account with employer contributions after the first year
- 24 days’ paid vacation, sick, and personal time in first year of work
- 11 paid holidays
How to apply
CAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer