Senior Trainer/Curriculum Developer
CAI is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for the full-time position of Senior Trainer/Curriculum Developer to provide expert training and participate in the development of synchronous and asynchronous training designs, materials and curricula for the CDC-funded National HIV Classroom Learning Center. The preference is for this position to be based in CAI’s NYC, LA, or Atlanta office, but we will consider remote candidates.
- Excellent virtual and classroom training platform presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of adult learning theory.
- Instructional design skills to develop or convert classroom and virtual training programs
- Curricula development in both synchronous and asynchronous platforms
- Knowledge of learning technologies and their effective usage
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of trainers and curriculum designers
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Translate personal knowledge and expertise into the delivery of practical, skills-based training programs.
- Develop training courses to a defined level of quality, including synchronous and asynchronous designs.
- Lead curriculum development teams
- Maintain a repertoire of no less than 3 CDC-approved training programs.
- Participate in Training of Facilitators (TOF) and Training of Trainers (TOT) training opportunities to expand course repertoire.
- Co-train with other staff trainers and/or consultants, as needed.
- Provide direction and support to online training production.
- Participate in advisory groups, focus groups, needs assessment activities, etc. as needed.
- Maintain accurate and current records of all training activities as outlined in trainer’s protocols.
- Participate in all continuous quality improvement activities, including debriefing of every training event.
- Represent organization at professional meetings.
- Conduct production of trainings when needed
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum of a BA/BS in Public Health or related field, or equivalent experience, ideally a Masters in Public Health or related field.
- Credentialed trainer in at least 3-5 CDC-approved evidence-based interventions (EBIs) or public health strategies (PHS)
- Excellent training skills with at least two-year experience in training HIV service providers
- Experience working on HIV Prevention or STI Prevention (At least 1 year)
- Experience working with HIV providers (CBOs, healthcare organizations and Health Departments); communities of color; and with communities disproportionately affected by HIV (i.e. African Americans, Latinx, Women of Color, Transgender people, Youth from communities of color, Injecting Drug Users, Sex Workers)
- Knowledge of:
- National HIV/AIDS Strategy
- CDC High Impact HIV Prevention Strategy
- HHS “End of the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America”
- Adult Learning process
- Experiential Learning Cycle
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as oral & written communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Flexibility of schedule and ability to travel frequently.
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach to training techniques.
- Professional presentation and presence.
- Excellent planning skills, extremely organized, and ability to multi-task.
In keeping with CAI’s “safety first” approach during the COVID-19 epidemic, to ensure the health of our employees and the public whom we interact with, we are requiring all CAI employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires must show proof of at least one vaccine shot prior to their first day of work. (If someone is unable to obtain a vaccine due to a medical/disability or religious reason, they may contact CAI’s HR department; contact information will be provided as part of the interview process.)
The salary range for this position is $65,000- $80,000. CAI offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Retirement savings account with employer contributions after the first year
- 29 days’ paid vacation, sick, and personal time in first year of work
- 11 paid holidays
How to apply
CAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer