Building skills for on-the-job utilization and improvement
CAI provides training at all levels to help staff increase their skills and effectiveness. Our trainings are tailored to meet agencies’ goals and tap into participants’ strengths, and they are based on the principles of how adults learn most effectively. Our sessions use small groups, case studies, role play, simulations, group discussions, brainstorming, and critical thinking. After trainings, we help participants put skills into practice by providing follow-up technical assistance to give participants further coaching to apply new skills.
Training services provided by CAI include:
- In-person trainings, including training for facilitators and trainers
- Virtual live trainings that simulate the in-person experience; this includes extensive skills-building practice
- E-learning modules, both as single sessions and part of larger courses
- Video role-play learning with specialized software
- Webinars with presenters or panels
Quality and relevancy of CAI trainings recognized with continuing education accreditations
CAI offers continuing professional development (known by some people in the field as continuing education credits, contact hours, and clock hours) to interdisciplinary healthcare professionals who participate in our trainings through six state and national associations. To earn the ability to award continuing professional development, CAI has undergone rigorous evaluations demonstrating that our trainings are of a high quality, relevant, evidence-based, and routinely evaluated.
CAI is currently an accredited provider of professional development from the following organizations:
- ACCME (CME): CAI is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- APA: CAI is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
- CASAC: CAI is a Certified Education and Trainer Provider for Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC), granted by the Office of Addiction Services and Supports
- NCHEC (CHES/MCHES): CAI is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- NJSNA (NCPD): CAI is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credential Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- New York Social Work: CAI is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers.
- New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners: CAI is recognized as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0245.
Summary: This project is a peer-to-peer training program “by and for” the New York State community of people with HIV. The continually evolving project fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and self-efficacy among people with HIV to manage their health and advocate for themselves.