CAI is seeking a highly motivated individual for the part-time (unpaid) internship position of Web Design and Development Intern for its office in New York City. As part of CAI's Communications Department, this is an opportunity to gain practical experience in designing, programming, and developing highly interactive websites for regional, national and international projects while working with a committed team of diverse professionals to offer customized capacity building services that build the skills and systems of our clients and improve lives in the vulnerable communities we serve.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in maintaining, updating and enhancing the CAI website (www.caiglobal.org)
- Design and develop project-specific CAI-affiliated websites
- Support the design of web-friendly graphic content across multiple channels
- Assist in the integration of flash technology, video and social media platforms
- Support the development of an integrated SEO strategy, workplan and timeline utilizing analytics and related data
PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be a highly-organized self-starter who can assist the communications department in designing new web-based tools and platforms that support CAI's mission and project objectives and have the end-user in mind
- Be proficient at and comfortable managing multiple projects and web-related initiatives
- Have an understanding of web application development processes, including layout, user experience and data management and design
- Have some experience in video production and editing
- Have basic knowledge of graphic design and the Adobe Suite, and an appetite for problem solving.
- Familiarity with web languages, standards, and protocols (HTTP, HTML, REST, XML,)
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALS:
- Applicants must currently be pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters level) in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited institution.
This internship entails about 15-20 hours per week, from Sept. to Dec. 2014, depending on college schedule, with exact start and end dates to be discussed. The position is unpaid; however, CAI will facilitate college credit working with the requirements of your academic institution.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified and interested candidates should send a COVER LETTER, and RESUME via:
- EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org [subject: Webmaster Intern] or -
- MAIL to: CAI, 505 Eighth Ave, 19th Floor NY, NY 10018, ATTN: Webmaster Intern, or -
- FAX to: (212) 629-3321 ~ Attention: Human Resources – Webmaster Intern
CAI – Cicatelli Associates Inc. – is a highly regarded, not-for-profit health care training, education, technical assistance and capacity building organization, located in midtown Manhattan. CAI has extensive expertise in all aspects of developing, delivering, and evaluating training programs, conferences, providing organizational technical assistance and research. To learn more about Cicatelli Associates Inc., please visit our website at www.caiglobal.org
Cicatelli Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.