CAI is seeking a highly motivated, skilled, hands-on professional for the full-time position of Director, Division of Nutrition Programs. The Director, Division of Nutrition Programs will report to Senior Management and will be responsible for the on-going coordination and supervision of CAI’s WIC Training Center and all nutrition-related programs. She/he will provide strategic planning, leadership and oversight of CAI’s NYS WIC Training Center and other CAI nutrition related initiatives. She/he will also work closely with the WIC training team and other CAI trainers. This is a NYC-based position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee CAI’s Nutrition programs, including the NYS WIC Training Center
- Participate in the development of the organization’s strategic plans and programs to leverage existing CAI nutrition-related programs for growth and expansion
- Establish partnerships to achieve programmatic expansion and provide strategic input and leadership on partnership issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances and partners
- Plan, organize, develop (and revise as needed) nutrition-related training curricula, on-line computer-based trainings and webinars
- Oversee the implementation of nutrition-related, participant-centered adult trainings
- Provide scheduled, participant-centered adult trainings to WIC training participants
- Provide quality assurance of all CAI nutrition related programs, trainings and materials
- Participate in the development of the WIC training calendar
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range programmatic planning, introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory actions.
- Enhance and/or develop, and implement nutrition policies and procedures of the organization
- Provide clinical/technical guidance and knowledge to others within the programs of CAI’s Nutrition Division
- Interact with external funders and regulators as needed or required
- Meet regularly with WIC team and other staff to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, protocols and regulations
- Ensure and assist with the monthly review and submission of vouchers and supporting documentation/reporting requirement
- Attend all established CAI staff meetings
- Other/additional duties and responsibilities as necessary/required to meet the mission of the organization.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS & SKILLS:
- Masters degree in Nutrition or related field
- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RDN) & Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist (CDN)
- Minimum two years management preferred
- Technical expertise in Clinical Nutrition; interpreting regulations and program directives
- Ability to implement nutrition policies and procedures
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other technology/computer software programs
- Strong leadership and organizational skills; proven supervisory experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong training/presentation skills; some travel in NYS
- Assist in the fulfillment of the agency’s mission and vision.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse staff and an adult-learning participant population
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.