CAI is seeking a highly motivated professional for the full-time position of Manager of the Center of Excellence for Health Systems Improvement. Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Health Systems Improvement, this individual will provide day-to-day management and coordination for all deliverables associated with the New York State Center of Excellence (COE for HSI) for Health Systems for a Tobacco-Free New York project, funded by the New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH). The COE for HSI serves as a resource and builds the capacity of 10 regional grantee organizations in their work to utilize systems-level strategies to promote the adoption of evidence-based tobacco dependence treatment at community health centers, mental health treatment facilities, and other health care organizations that serve disproportionately affected populations within NYS. This position is located in the CAI-NYC office.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day-to-day management and coordination for activities associated with administering and managing the COE for HSI, including planning, organizing, and developing technical assistance plans and resources; managing the COE’s files and databases; and communicating regularly with regional grantee organizations.
- Identify and collate relevant research and emerging best practices to guide COE work plan and products.
- Work with consultants, vendors, and other CAI staff to develop resources and tools that will support regional contractors to promote health systems policy and systems changes in community health centers, mental health treatment facilities, and other health care organizations (e.g., toolkits, assessment tools, eLearning modules).
- Provide regional grantee organizations with a set of technical assistance services to support their work to integrate evidence-based tobacco dependence screening and treatment into standard delivery of care at partnering health systems.
- Coordinate and support drafting of case studies, white papers, information briefs, and webinar content related to evidence-based and promising practices in tobacco use screening and treatment and health systems strengthening
- Coordinate and support the redevelopment of the COE for HSI website (including drafting of content)
- Draft eBlasts, quarterly newsletters, letters of opinion, correspondence with NYS Legislators, and press releases.
- Provide support to the Deputy Director in convening regional grantee steering committee and subcommittees to inform development of technical assistance resources and activities
- Provide support to the Deputy Director in convening statewide stakeholder workgroup to promote large-scale systems and policy change efforts within regional and statewide health systems.
- Provide support to the Deputy Director in responding to all NYS DOH reporting requirements, and budget management responsibilities.
- Document and disseminate meeting minutes and reference notes
- Other duties as necessary/assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree required, Masters preferred and/or a minimum of 4 years combined (training and field) experience in health policy, public health, and/or health care operations.
- Familiarity with evidence-based smoking cessation interventions and/or populations disproportionately impacted by tobacco use and tobacco-related illness.
- Understanding of the current healthcare delivery and financing landscape in New York State, including familiarity with Medicaid, Value-Based Care initiatives, New York State Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP), electronic health records, and billing and reimbursement.
- Applied and practical experience in the design and delivery of technical assistance is preferred
- Knowledge of quality improvement and the principles of performance management to improve patient and community outcomes.
- Familiarity with Practice Facilitation principles strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytic, strategic thinking and presentation skills including interpersonal, as well as oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent planning skills, extremely organized, and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated skills in project coordination and project management.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Flexibility of schedule and ability to travel (approximately 10% travel-time required).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/ /PowerPoint/Outlook.
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.