CAI, a training, technical assistance and research-to-practice nonprofit organization, is seeking a highly motivated professional for the full-time position of Technical Assistance Regional Lead to work with CAI’s Technical Assistance Provider – innovation network (TAP-in). The position can be based in CAI’s New York City or Los Angeles offices.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The TAP-in provides cross-cutting and tailored technical assistance to 47 jurisdictions (i.e., health departments) across the nation who are funded by the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) to design and implement locally tailored plans to improve access to treatment, foster retention in services, and achieve durable viral suppression for people living with HIV as part of the nation’s plan to Ending the HIV Epidemic. The Regional TA Lead works closely with the TAP-in Director, TAP-in Regional TA Manager, Evaluation Lead, TAP-in Partners, and TA Coaches with up to 16 RWHAP jurisdictions assigned to their region to provide region-specific direction and oversight for all TAP-IN activities and ensure quality and contribute to cross-cutting national TA activities.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Participate as part of the TAP-in leadership team to plan, implement, and continuously improve region-specific and national TA approach
- Identify and secure training and professional development opportunities for Coaches
- Work with the TAP-in Director to maintain and update list of national and region-specific resources available to support implementation of jurisdiction plans
- Foster and maintain relationships with identified regional resources
- Foster and maintain relationships with assigned jurisdictions, region-specific HRSA Branch Chiefs, and jurisdictions’ Project Officers
- Collaborate with the EHE Systems Coordination Provider, as needed, to synergize SCP and TAP-in activities
- Support and participate in the development of resources, and planning and delivery of TA, cross-cutting training, and Learning Collaboratives
- Provide direction, oversight, monitoring and support to coaches in completion of tasks
- Provide direct TA services to jurisdictions, as needed
- Support evaluation and data management and reporting activities for the project in their region and collaborate with the Evaluation Lead, as needed, including development of performance measurements for the data dashboards and provision of semi-annual summaries to jurisdictions of their progress in meeting targets
- Other duties as necessary/assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
This is an advanced level position that requires expertise in HIV as well as experience providing technical assistance. Summary of requirements is provided below.
- Master’s degree in public health, education, community engagement, and social work or related field or, equivalent professional experience
- At least five years of program management experience
- Ability to establish rapport and work productively and sensitively with diverse stakeholders, community members and partners
- Ability to identify and leverage existing resources to support achievement of project objectives
- Has applied knowledge of principles and practices associated with group facilitation, the design and delivery of training and technical assistance
- Has applied knowledge of principles and practices of providing social services to culturally diverse populations, addressing social determinants of health, and community mobilization
- Demonstrated capacity to analyze administrative, personnel and organizational problems and identify appropriate solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing for professional and community audiences
- Knowledge of various word processing/computer programs, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Team-player and self-starter
- Experience and/or knowledgeable about coaching staff to achieve performance improvement
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task/manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.