CAI firmly believes that all people have an important voice to be heard, and a valuable life to be counted. We honor the core democratic values, fundamental beliefs, and Constitutional principles that unite all Americans. Here is some important and easy-to-follow information on how you can make your voice heard:
- Be counted! Complete the 2020 US Census by October 31
- Be heard! Vote in the 2020 national and local elections on November 3.
2020 US Census – Be Counted!
The 2020 Census is happening now through October 31, 2020.
- The 2020 Census provides a snapshot of our nation—who we are, where we live, and so much more.
- The 2020 Census data will be used to make critical decisions including where communities need new schools, health clinics, roads, and other services for families, older adults, and children.
- Census data also informs how federal funding are allocated to over 100 programs, including Medicaid, Head Start, community mental health services and nutrition assistance programs.
- It consists of 10 simple questions and can be completed online in as little as 5 minutes, by phone, or by mail. Please visit to complete your questionnaire today!
2020 US General Election – Be heard!
The powerful freedom to vote is the cornerstone of our democracy. However, only a little more than 50% of eligible voters actually cast their ballot. This can result in leadership that does not accurately reflect a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. No matter what you believe or who you support, it is important to be informed about the issues in your community and nation.
Exercise your right to vote! Your vote IS important and your voice needs to be heard.
Please visit Vote411.org to register to vote, confirm your voter registration status, find your polling place, and learn about each candidate and issue on the ballot in your district!