CAI, a training, technical assistance, and research-to-practice nonprofit organization, is seeking a highly motivated professional for the full-time position of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Specialist to work with CAI’s Technical Assistance Provider – innovation network (TAP-in). The position may be based in CAI’s New York City, Atlanta, Denver, or Los Angeles Office.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
CAI’s Technical Assistance Provider – innovation network (TAP-in) provides cross-cutting and tailored technical assistance (TA) to 47 jurisdictions (i.e., state and local health departments) across the nation. The jurisdictions are funded by the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) to design and implement locally tailored plans to improve access to treatment, foster retention in services, and achieve durable viral suppression for people with HIV as part of the nation’s plan to End the HIV Epidemic (EHE). The CQI Specialist reports to the TAP-in Knowledge Management Team Lead and is responsible for working with the TAP-in team and CAI’s Research and Evaluation department to support data activities such as monitoring, analysis, visualization, and reporting to foster strengthening and implementation of the EHE initiative. The Specialist provides support for a portfolio of project activities to plan, implement, evaluate and continuously improve data collection, management and analysis strategies to achieve project goals and objectives. Key activities are summarized below.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Develop and implement CQI processes for TAP-in to build upon existing capacity to analyze and present results from the project’s activities. This responsibility includes synthesizing data and lessons learned from across the project (from webinar registration data, technical assistance logs, evaluation results, etc.) to support project strengthening and new initiatives.
- Provide TAP-in team with assistance in developing and implementing evaluation approaches (e.g., needs assessments, surveys, logic models and evaluation reports).
- Regularly conduct descriptive data analysis in Excel, Word, and Quickbase, CAI’s project management database, and implement improvements to project databases.
- Assist in writing reports, developing PowerPoint presentations, creating visual products, and producing data summaries/dashboards.
- Regularly learn about and apply new features of Quickbase to optimize TAP-in activities (including surveys, reporting, data dashboards).
- Develop and implement a feedback process to improve reporting and use of data analyses in collaboration with TAP-in and other CAI staff and consultants.
- Collaborate with external partners and consultants to create effective data dashboards for jurisdictions and regularly review data with TAP-in team to track jurisdictions’ implementation progress and outcomes.
- Participate in various organizational and project meetings to coordinate efforts within the project and between the project and CAI departments.
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
Expertise in providing quality management support in a public health arena, preferred. Summary of requirements is provided below.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in health/social sciences, public health, or comparable field
- One to two years’ experience in implementing CQI processes in a social sciences, public health, and/or medical/clinical setting
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills and experience
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis software, data collection/management, and visualization programs (e.g., Excel, R, STATA, Tableau, Power Bi, MAXQDA, Alchemer, SurveyMonkey, REDCap, etc.)
- Strong technical skills in Quickbase, or similar project management database software, preferred
- Knowledge of data visualization best practices and applications, strong ability to translate data analysis into visually appealing presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team, in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task/manage multiple projects
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.